Digital Potentiometer Controller 24-Channel
You’ve been asking for us to bring back our Digital Potentiometer Controller and we’ve heard you! Back in production as a Legacy controller, this device will not become obsolete as long as Parts Remain Available! Based on the MCP42xx0 Series Digital Potentiometers, use a computer to change the resistor values on 24 different programmable resistors with up to 256 taps per potentiometer. Available in Potentiometer values of 10 kΩ, 50 kΩ and 100 kΩ with a wiper current of up to 1mA per channel. Set the Power-Up Default State of the first 32 Potentiometers or read the Power-Up Default State of Each Potentiometer. All other Potentiometers default to a center position for all wipers.
Built on the ProXR Framework, the ProXR Series has a long history of reliability while maintaining an easy learning curve using our Base Station Software as a guide for controlling and using this product. Equipped with a UXP expansion port, add up to 256 Potentiometer Channels by chaining expansions to this main controller board. Equipped with a XR Expansion port, this device is capable of controlling up to 256 relays of various types using XR Series relay controllers. Simply plug in any XR Expansion Relay Controller and you are ready to switch solid state relays, DPDT signal relays, general purpose SPDT relays, and high-power relays. Supports simple relay control commands such as off, on, or toggle functions as well as more complex commands for activating relays using integrated timers.
This controller features a modular communications interface, capable of accepting USB, RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, Industrial Wireless communication modules, and more. Control potentiometers directly from cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS or MQTT when working with our WiFi Bluetooth USB Communications module. Control Potentiometers using a USB Interface and a Virtual COM Port communications when using our USB interface. Control Potentiometers over WiFi or Ethernet by opening a TCP socket to port 2101 and start sending commands (as shown in Base Station).
Use Base Station software to quickly learn the command structure for potentiometer control using a simple Point and Click interface that supports all communication technologies.
900HP-S3B Wireless Compatibility Notes
Notice: Compatibility Notes Does NOT Apply to the Following Products:
- NCD Enterprise Solutions
- NCD Wireless Sensors
- NCD Enterprise Modems and Gateways
Notice: Compatibility Notes Applies to NCD Industrial Products, Including Fusion, ProXR, ProXR Lite, Taralist, and Reactor Series Products.
When using an 900HP-S3B communication module, it is essential that you use the ZIGMO_PCB to configure the module settings. Long-Range wireless sensors may be programmed over the air without removing the communications module.
A 900HP-S3B Modem or a gateway of some kind that support the 900HP-S3B communications module will also be required.
Ethernet TCP/IP Compatibility Notes
This device periodically sends UDP Packets on port 13,000, which help identify the IP address of this device on your network. This device sends UDP Packets to link.signalswitch.com to help users access this device from the internet (this feature can be disable). Remote access over the internet requires users to configure Port Forwarding on the router that is associated with the WiFi communications module. Port Forwarding is outside the scope of NCD technical support. Please visit PortForward.com for instructions on configuring most routers for port forwarding.
RS-232 Serial Compatibility Notes
The NCD RS-232 Serial communications module is compatible with standard RS-232 signals (+/-10VDC), which are not directly compatible with UART signals from a microprocessor. If you are working with Arduino, Microchip PIC, or other common microcontroller, a communications module is not required. Microcontrollers will directly talk to the on-board processor of all NCD controllers.
RS-485 Serial Compatibility Notes
The NCD RS-485 Serial communications module is compatible with NCD ProXR, ProXR Lite, Fusion, and Taralist series controllers. This module was designed to work with NCD devices, but may be used with devices outside the NCD family. This device acts as a transparent RS-485 to USART serial converter. Non-NCD products will require a software networking protocol to support multiple devices.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!