If you ever wanted to test or use NCD IoT devices with a desktop computer, this little USB to I2C adapter will save you lots of time. Plug this device into any available USB port on your PC and it mounts as a COM port. We use the FT230XS for virtual COM interface. Next, run our FREE AnyI2C software and start talking to the complete line of NCD IoT Devices with just a few button clicks. This device plugs right into our IoT product line, giving your desktop computer full access in seconds.
Use this adapter to provide a USB interface to our complete line of current monitoring devices, relay controllers, PWM FET drivers, and much more. Use for industrial 4-20 mA read/write applications, analog to digital converters, GPIO devices, and much more. Read light sensors, temperature/humidity sensors, potentiometers, moisture sensors, all at a very low cost. Log window shows all Communication traffic. This converter is hardware compatible with all programming languages and operating systems that support the FT230XS. Drivers are available from FTDIChip.com.
Requires USB Type A to USB Micro Cable.
NEW VERSION 3 NOW SHIPPING:
Orders shipping 5/7/2018 and later now include a updated version of firmware that increases compatibility, is 3x faster, and adds new simplified I2C communication commands. Documentation for this update is currently being prepared.
Version 3 Changes:
- Added Simplified I2C Write Command
- Added Simplified I2C Read Command
- I2C Communications is Now Hardware Based, Not Software Based
- I2C Communications Speed has Improved from 38KHz to 100KHz
- Software Programmable Communication Speeds:
- 38KHz, 100KHz, 200KHz, 300KHz, and 400KHz
- Programmable Baud Rates Supported:
- 9600, 19.2K, 38.4K, 57.6K, 115.2K. 230.4K
Known Compatibility Issues
This device is not compatible with the MCP9600, which requires 70KHz or slower communications speed. This device communicates at 100KHz minimum. Please use Ports 1, 2, 3, or 4 of the BRIDGEX5 if you require Windows connectivity to the MCP9600. The BRIDGEX5 supports user-defined tuning of the communication speed, and must be configured for slower communications when using the MCP9600.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.