Digi XBee-PRO 900HP embedded modules provide best-in-class range wireless connectivity to devices. They take advantage of the DigiMesh® networking protocol, featuring dense network operation and support for sleeping routers, and are also available in a proprietary point-to-multipoint configuration. Supporting RF line-of-sight ranges up to 28 miles (with high-gain antennas), and data rates of up to 200 Kbps, these modules are ideal for extended-range applications requiring increased data throughput.
The Digi XBee-PRO 900HP requires no programming and can be configured easily using Digi’s free XCTU software or via a simplified AT command set. Digi XBee modules are pre-certified for use in multiple countries, further reducing development costs and time to market.
Digi XBee® modules are easy to use, share a common hardware footprint and are available in a variety of different protocols, enabling users to substitute one Digi XBee for another with minimal development time and risk.
Digi XBee-PRO® 900HP
This is the US/Canada version. To use this device, customers are advised to have development experience using a compatible development kit. Please note that NCD engineers have not tested the 28-Mile range of this device. We have tested this device at 2 Miles with excellent results using smaller antennas than what would be required to achieve the 28-Mile range achieved by the manufacturer. All range tests are conducted in clear line-of-sight installations. It is not possible for us to accurately predict range prior to purchase. We cannot predict range inside buildings, using google map images, or predict interference that may be present at your location that would prohibit proper operation.
Notice: Digi.com wireless modules are shipped pre-configured for best compatibility with our products.
900HP-S3B Wireless Compatibility Notes
When using an 900HP-S3B communication module, it is essential that you use the ZIGMO_PCB to configure the module settings. Long-Range wireless sensors may be programmed over the air without removing the communications module.
A 900HP-S3B Modem or a gateway of some kind that support the 900HP-S3B communications module will also be required.
Please contact Digi.com for the latest documentation for this device.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.