Industrial IoT Wireless to RS485 Modem
Our long range wireless enterprise series sensors are an easy to use and reliable start to any data aggregation application. This video will demonstrate how they work, what they do, and how to use them.
Industrial IoT Wireless to RS485 Modem
Connect to the NCD wireless sensor ecosystem using the industry standard RS485 interface. Our new IoT Wireless RS485 modem makes it easy communicate with NCD wireless sensors over RS485 by simply opening a COM port and watching for incoming data to arrive as sensor data is broadcast. We have stripped away complexity and focused on what you need most, an easy way to get wireless data over a RS485 connection. With a 2-Mile range (line of sight), this device operates at 900MHz for deep penetration through trees, foliage, and even some buildings. With integrated Mesh networking, this device also acts as a repeater for sensor data. Designed to work with any operating system that supports RS485 communications.
This RS485 Wireless modem was designed for indoor use only. Requires a 12VDC Power Supply (optional during checkout). Node-Red Support coming soon.
Node-Red: IoT Without the Code
We’ve built Node-Red libraries so that you can build your entire IoT ecosystem with no coding necessary. We are currently updating our libraries to include this device, full Node-Red Support coming soon.
This Wireless to RS485 Gateway was designed for indoor use only. Requires a 12VDC Power Supply (optional during checkout).
This device operates at 900MHz and converts raw sensor data into raw RS-485 data. Compatible with Alpha Station https://ncd.io/alpha
900HP-S3B Wireless Compatibility Notes
Notice: Compatibility Notes Does NOT Apply to the Following Products:
- NCD Enterprise Solutions
- NCD Wireless Sensors
- NCD Enterprise Modems and Gateways
Notice: Compatibility Notes Applies to NCD Industrial Products, Including Fusion, ProXR, ProXR Lite, Taralist, and Reactor Series Products.
When using an 900HP-S3B communication module, it is essential that you use the ZIGMO_PCB to configure the module settings. Long-Range wireless sensors may be programmed over the air without removing the communications module.
A 900HP-S3B Modem or a gateway of some kind that support the 900HP-S3B communications module will also be required.
RS-485 Serial Compatibility Notes
The NCD RS-485 Serial communications module is compatible with NCD ProXR, ProXR Lite, Fusion, and Taralist series controllers. This module was designed to work with NCD devices, but may be used with devices outside the NCD family. This device acts as a transparent RS-485 to USART serial converter. Non-NCD products will require a software networking protocol to support multiple devices.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.