USB to RS-485 Converter
Build a RS-485 Network in minutes with this USB to RS-485 converter based on the FT232RL USB to Serial converter. This device includes USB Mini interface and USB cable. Four on-board screw terminals provide connection to a 3-wire RS-485 network. A fourth terminal provides a regulated 5VDC output for use in future expansion applications. While this device supports many baud rate options, we suggest using a baud rate that is compatible with our RS-485 nodes. Our suggested default baud rate of 9600 allows for greatest distance. NCD RS-485 nodes also support 19.2K, 38.4K, and 115.2K baud.
This device includes on-board USB, TX, and RX LEDs and Texas Instruments SN65HVD12D RS-485 driver chip.
USB to RS-485 Compatibility
This device is compatible with all RS-485 3-wire networks.
RS-485 Serial Compatibility Notes
The NCD RS-485 Serial communications module is compatible with NCD ProXR, ProXR Lite, Fusion, and Taralist series controllers. This module was designed to work with NCD devices, but may be used with devices outside the NCD family. This device acts as a transparent RS-485 to USART serial converter. Non-NCD products will require a software networking protocol to support multiple devices.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.