About Key Fob Relays
Our 2nd generation Key Fob Series controllers allow users to control relays from a hand-held remote up to 750 feet away! Configure buttons to toggle relays, turn relays on and off, activate timers and control relay flashers. Integrated security features prevent unauthorized operation while maintaining easy configuration. Pair up to 40 different Key Fob remotes to a single controller.
How it Works
The Key Fob series controllers include a custom designed KFX Receiver to receive Key Fob signals and send pre-programmed data to the relay controller. When a button is pressed on the Key Fob, the KFX Receiver will send up to 9 bytes of data to the relay controller.
The KFX Receiver can be removed from the relay controller and connected to a computer for easy configuration. The KFX Receiver can be configured for button press and button release events. Use our free Base Station software to change the settings inside the KFX Receiver for controlling relays in different ways, such as relay timers, toggle commands, relay on/off and relay flashers.
The KFX Receiver can be configured for button press and button release events. If you intend to use smaller key fobs with less than 8 buttons, it is possible to use the extra KFX memory to send more than 9 bytes when buttons are pressed and released.
With a single KFX receiver module, users may associate up to 40 key fobs, including 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8-Button remotes. KFX modules reach working distances of up to 750 feet, with superior responsiveness over previous generations of Key Fob receivers. Every Key Fob paired with a KFX Receiver will perform the exact same function as another Key Fob paired with the same KFX Receiver. It is not possible for each remote to be separately identified and generate different data. Put simply, every remote does exactly the same thing when paired with the same KFX Receiver.
Key Fob Configuration
The KFX Receiver Module is configured using our Base Station Software, and must be plugged into the ZIGMO only during configuration. Only one ZIGMO is needed regardless of the number of KFX Receivers you intend to use. The ZIGMO acts as an interface between your computer and the KFX Receiver, allowing you to define the Baud Rate, and Data Bytes that are transmitted for each Key Fob button Press. The ZIGMO is included with the KFX Integration Kit.
Note: We do advise that if you are pairing numerous key fobs to a given KFX receiver module that the button number on each Key Fob is the same for all key fobs, however, this is not absolutely required, but it may make using the KFX easier.
KFX Key Fob Communications
The KFX Module essentially has 16 memory slots, covering a maximum of 8 buttons. A memory slot is used to store commands. The buttons on the Key Fob cause the KFX module to “replay” the commands by sending data out the serial port. Two memory slots are designated each button on a 8-Button key fob. One memory slot stores button press events. The second memory slot stores button release events. Memory slots may be filled with communication bytes, which are sent out the KFX module when buttons are pressed. These communication bytes may be ProXR commands for controlling relays, Pulsar light dimming commands for controlling the brightness of lights, or complex relay control commands for Fusion series controllers. The KFX module was designed for use exclusively with the NCD family of products and requires Base Station software for configuration (Windows 8 or 10 Only). The KFX module contains it’s own processor and memory. A ZigMo_PCB is required to configure the KFX module. The KFX module includes a 418MHz antenna. Remote controls sold separately. Click here to see all Key Fob products.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!