USB Communications Module
The ZUSB USB to USART converter is based on the FTDI FT232-RL, making it the world’s most cross-platform compatible USB to serial converter available. With drivers available for Windows, Mac, Linux and much more, users may communicate to NCD devices using a virtual COM port, which greatly simplifies software integration. Once installed, users may open a COM port at 115.2K Baud and begin sending and receiving bytes of data to talk to the complete line of NCD Industrial devices. On-board USB, TX, and RX status LEDs indicate all aspects of communications activity. This USB to serial converter is considered one of the most essential components for integration, configuring, or troubleshooting NCD Industrial devices. This device uses a USB Mini interface, which is our strong preference for best durability. This interface is powered by the USB port of your computer and is available in 3 versions:
The ZUSB has a USB port that accepts a USB cable that enters from the side of the ZUSB module.
The ZUSB-TOP has a USB port that accepts a USB cable that enters from the top of the ZUSB module.
The ZUSB-TS has two USB ports that accepts a USB cable from the Top or the Side of the ZUSB module. Only one port can be used at a time.
The ZUSB is ONLY compatible with NCD devices and should not be used with devices manufactured by other companies.
ZUSB USB to USART Converter
This device is compatible with the complete line of Taralist, Fusion, ProXR, ProXR Lite, Reactor, Pulsar, and many more NCD Industrial devices. This is an essential device for communications and troubleshooting. This device was not designed for compatibility with devices outside the NCD family of products.
USB Compatibility Notes
This device is compatible with USB communications, which will mount as a Virtual COM Port on your computer. All device functions will be accessed via the virtual com port using standard serial commands. The default baud rate is 115.2K Baud for most NCD devices. USB Drivers are included with most versions of Windows, but users of other operating systems may want to download the latest drivers directly from the FTDI web site.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.