Clean Power is Essential
Applying good clean power to NCD devices is essential for proper operation of our devices. Most of our tech support problems are related to improper power. NCD power supplies are designed for computer grade power applications, which is what our products need the most. Using unregulated power supplies simply leads to big problems, especially when it comes to long-term reliability. More that one troubleshooting question has turned out to be from someone who says they are using a power supply that they had “just laying around” and it was not sufficient enough to provide the power needed to operate our controllers.
All boards on the site require 12 VDC power. The PWR12 US power supply is a 120VAC to 12VDC 1.25A 60Hz regulated power supply and it plugs into the barrel connector on the board. The output connector is a 2.1mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. x 9.5mm R/A barrel connector.
International Power Available
For our international customers there is an international power supply available and it’s a 90 – 264VAC to 12VDC 1.5A 50/60Hz power supply with five adapters. The output connector is a 2.1mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. x 9.5mm Female R/A barrel connector.
Attention: SHARING POWERS SUPPLIES WITH INDUCTIVE LOADS
Most NCD devices are powered from a 12V power supply. NCD Devices REQUIRE a CLEAN Computer-Grade Regulated Power Supply. The power supply used to supply power to NCD Devices should not be shared with inductive loads. For instance, you should never use a single power supply to power a NCD Device and a 12V DC Motor. Doing so will introduce extremely high-voltage spikes that will damage the logic and power regulation portions of NCD devices, and in many cases, the NCD controller will NOT BE REPAIRABLE. The only known exceptions to this warning are customers who are working in automotive or other battery-powered applications where induction is naturally suppressed by integrating a large battery into the design. Filtering circuits may also be used to clean the power supply before entering the NCD controller, provided they are properly designed to work with your particular inductive load. Induction suppression capacitors may assist in the filtering of the power supply, but more study is required to determine their effectiveness at cleaning the power supply before it enters the NCD device.
This power supply is specified for all NCD devices except 32-Channel 20-Amp or 30-Amp controllers. These controllers require the International power supply because of the higher-current rating. This power supply can power a 32-Channel 20A or 30A controller provided no more than 24 relays are active at a given time.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.