Ethernet Interface for NCD Devices
Introducing the NCD5500 Ethernet to Serial Converter. Our 3rd Generation Converter setting new standards for reliability, low-cost, and ease of use. Connect the complete line of NCD Industrial Devices to your Ethernet Network using this modular communications module from NCD. Based on the our next generation Ethernet to Serial Converter, the NCD5500 was customized specifically for use with NCD devices to ensure optimal compatibility with our complete line of products. This Ethernet communications module essentially converts TCP/IP data into serial data bytes, and sends these bytes to the complete line of NCD devices via Serial Communications. This Ethernet communications module is suitable for use with endNode, ProXR*, ProXR Lite*, Fusion, Reactor*, and Taralist* series controllers as well as a broad range of IoT connected devices. This Ethernet to Serial Communication Module is also Compatible with Alpha Station and Base Station, Making it Easy to Discover the IP Address. Please note the Default Web Page Login Password is “admin” and may be changed by the user.
Ethernet to Serial Communications Module
This Ethernet to Serial Communications Module converts TCP packets to Serial data and vise versa. This device can be configured to automatically close the socket after a programmable timeout or to leave the socket open. A blue LED light indicates an open socket connection. Program the Baud Rate of this Device from 9600 to 115.2K Baud and communicate to this device over the default TCP port 2101. This device also supports Static IP Addresses, DHCP, and has the ability to recover back to factory default settings with a simple press of a button.
3rd Generation Hardware Now Shipping
This is our 3rd generation hardware for Ethernet to Serial communications, representing giant steps forward in reliability, easy of use, recover-ability, and LOW COST. Yes, we are actually LOWERING the price of this device as our costs have shrunk considerably from previous generation Ethernet to Serial conversion technologies. Other significant improvements include new recovery options. Not only is a web UI supported (as in previous generations), but also a new Windows application may be used to change settings and recover modules with an unknown IP address. New firmware upgrade options are now available, allowing users to upgrade firmware as new features are released.
Ethernet to Serial Communications Module Web UI
NCD5500 Configuration Software for Windows Screenshot
*Please Note that a Power Supply Upgrade May be Necessary when Retrofitting Select Controllers. Please contact us for details.
This Device Operates at 3.3V at 300mA.
*Please Note that a Power Supply Upgrade May be Necessary when Retrofitting Some Controllers. Specifically, the Fusion and endNode series controllers do not require any power supply modifications. ProXR, ProXR Lite, Taralist, and Reactor series controllers should be purchased with this option as it may not be possible to retrofit surface mount devices with new power supply requirements. Please contact us for details.
This Device Requires 3.3V at 300mA for Proper Operation.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!