900HP-S3B Long Range Wireless Mesh Modem with USB Interface
Our long range wireless enterprise series sensors are an easy to use and reliable start to any data aggregation application. This video will demonstrate how they work, what they do, and how to use them.
900HP-S3B Wireless Modem
900HP-S3B Modem make Wireless Control EASY
Plug In, Open the COM Port and Start Sending Commands
Two Miles of Wireless Control From the USB Port on Your Computer!
Communicating with a Wireless Device does NOT have to be complicated. Our line of 900HP-S3B modems allow first time users to communicate with ANY 900HP-S3B device on the site with a absolute maximum possible range of 28 miles (using high-gain antennas).
Here’s how it works
Plug the 900HP-S3B Modem into your computer and install the drivers. The 900HP-S3B modem will mount as a COM port on your PC. Next, talk to the COM port as though you were communicating with a RS-232 serial device that is directly connected to your PC. That’s all there is to it!!!
900HP-S3B Modems offer wireless 2-way communications, compatible with any 900HP-S3B device. This modem is Powered by the USB Port. The U900HP-S3BMSR_ZIGMO includes USB Cable, Antenna, and Enclosure.
900HP-S3B modules offer 100% emulation of a COM port and offer a completely transparent communication layer. We have chosen these communication methods because we believe they offer the best compatibility and quickest implementation time.
Standard compatible with NCD Industrial Devices
This configuration will allow you to monitor and control devices from the NCD Industrial product line.
Standard compatible with NCD Industrial Devices
This configuration will allow you to monitor and control devices from the Enterprise Solutions product line.
900HP-S3B Wireless Compatibility Notes
When using an 900HP-S3B communication module, it is essential that you use the ZIGMO_PCB to configure the module settings. Long-Range wireless sensors may be programmed over the air without removing the communications module.
A 900HP-S3B Modem or a gateway of some kind that support the 900HP-S3B communications module will also be required.
USB Compatibility Notes
This device is compatible with USB communications, which will mount as a Virtual COM Port on your computer. All device functions will be accessed via the virtual com port using standard serial commands. The default baud rate is 115.2K Baud for most NCD devices. USB Drivers are included with most versions of Windows, but users of other operating systems may want to download the latest drivers directly from the FTDI web site.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.