Digital Potentiometer Controller 16-Channel 256-Step
- 16-Channel Digital Potentiometer Controller 256 Taps per Potentiometer
- 10K, 50K, and 100K Variants Available up to 1mA per Channel
- Modular Communications Interface Supports Many Popular Communication Modules:
- WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, WebPage, Industrial Wireless, USB, RS-232 and More
- Expandable to Control up to 256 Digital Potentiometers using UXP Expansion Port
- Expandable to Control Relays using the XR Expansion Port
- Supports SPDT, DPDT, High-Power Relays and Solid State Relays
- Supports Relay On, Off, and Toggle Functions
- 16 Background Timers Can be Assigned to Any of the On-Board Relays
- Server Reboot, Watchdog, & Keep Alive Duration/Pulse Timing Command Set
- Control One Relay at a Time or All Relays Simultaneously
Please note that images above may contain product not included with purchase.
Photos may not show the latest version of product currently in production.
Digital Potentiometer Controller 16-Channel
You’ve been asking for us to bring back our Digital Potentiometer Controller and we’ve heard you! Back in production as a Legacy controller, this device will not become obsolete as long as Parts Remain Available! Based on the MCP42xx0 Series Digital Potentiometers, use a computer to change the resistor values on 16 different programmable resistors with up to 256 taps per potentiometer. Available in Potentiometer values of 10 kΩ, 50 kΩ and 100 kΩ with a wiper current of up to 1mA per channel. Set the Power-Up Default State of the first 32 Potentiometers or read the Power-Up Default State of Each Potentiometer. All other Potentiometers default to a center position for all wipers.
Built on the ProXR Framework, the ProXR Series has a long history of reliability while maintaining an easy learning curve using our Base Station Software as a guide for controlling and using this product. Equipped with a UXP expansion port, add up to 256 Potentiometer Channels by chaining expansions to this main controller board. Equipped with a XR Expansion port, this device is capable of controlling up to 256 relays of various types using XR Series relay controllers. Simply plug in any XR Expansion Relay Controller and you are ready to switch solid state relays, DPDT signal relays, general purpose SPDT relays, and high-power relays. Supports simple relay control commands such as off, on, or toggle functions as well as more complex commands for activating relays using integrated timers.
This controller features a modular communications interface, capable of accepting USB, RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, Industrial Wireless communication modules, and more. Control potentiometers directly from cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS or MQTT when working with our WiFi Bluetooth USB Communications module. Control Potentiometers using a USB Interface and a Virtual COM Port communications when using our USB interface. Control Potentiometers over WiFi or Ethernet by opening a TCP socket to port 2101 and start sending commands (as shown in Base Station).
Use Base Station software to quickly learn the command structure for potentiometer control using a simple Point and Click interface that supports all communication technologies.
New Version Shipping
Beginning Late 2020, we’ve made some updates to this product to make it better with increased component count while maintaining the same functionality and footprint. The New Rev G2 Series adds a better power supply circuit to improve noise immunity while providing increased power availability. We als changed the color of the circuit board to Black and updated branding to ncd.io with updated logos.
This is now a Legacy product, which means it will never go obsolete as long as critical parts are still available to us. Built with our new high-speed pick and place assembly line, we can complete the surface mount assembly process at a rate of several thousand units per day with the potential to scale to any volume you could imagine, so you never need to worry about supply quantities or supply chain problems.
- Updated Logos and Branding, Changed PCB Color to Black
- Improved Power Supply Circuit using a Switcher Regulator for Lower Heat and Higher Power
- Ferrite Beads Added to Better Separate Logic and Drive Circuits from Noise
- Updated Connectors and Positioning for Better Fit and Finish
- Now Built by our High-Speed Pick and Place Machine for High-Volume Applications
- Legacy Status Product – Will Not Become Obsolete as Long as Critical Parts Remain Available