If you ever wanted to test or use NCD I2C devices with a desktop computer, this little I2C adapter will save you lots of time. Plug this device into any available USB port on your PC and it mounts as a COM port. We use the FT230XS for virtual COM interface. Next, run our FREE AnyI2C software and start talking to the complete line of NCD I2C Devices with just a few button clicks.
Use this USB interface to read sensors, control relays and PWM controllers. Use for industrial 4-20 mA read/write applications, and much more. Read light sensors, temperature/humidity sensors, potentiometers, moisture sensors, all at a very low cost. Log window shows all Communication traffic. This converter is hardware compatible with all programming languages and operating systems that support the FT230XS. Drivers are available from FTDIChip.com.
Requires USB Type A to USB Micro Cable.
NEW VERSION 3 NOW SHIPPING:
Orders shipping 5/7/2018 and later now include a updated version of firmware that increases compatibility, is 3x faster, and adds new simplified I2C communication commands. Documentation for this update is currently being prepared.
Version 3 Changes:
- Added Simplified I2C Write Command
- Added Simplified I2C Read Command
- I2C Communications is Now Hardware Based, Not Software Based
- I2C Communications Speed has Improved from 38KHz to 100KHz
- Software Programmable Communication Speeds:
- 38KHz, 100KHz, 200KHz, 300KHz, and 400KHz
- Programmable Baud Rates Supported:
- 9600, 19.2K, 38.4K, 57.6K, 115.2K. 230.4K
What is the NCD I2C Interface?
NCD is the creator of plug and play modular hardware using the NCD I2C Interface connector standard. NCD I2C devices allow you to chain together several devices on the I2C bus, and communicate to each device individually at high speed (subject to the limitations of I2C). The NCD I2C Interface uses a standard 4-Pin I2C Input and I2C Output connector. NCD I2C devices communicate 5V I2C data and provides 5V DC power through this connector. NCD I2C devices use standard I2C communications for all data transport, which is supported by nearly every microcontroller in production today. The NCD I2C Interface is strictly a 5V standard, which is ideal for transport across longer cables. NCD I2C devices always include a 6″ (152mm) 4-conductor I2C cable. NCD I2C Mini Modules always include a 3″ (76mm) 4-conductor I2C cable. Cables and connectors are available separately for designers who would like to include their own NCD I2C Interface into their designs.
Plug and Play Connectivity
NCD I2C devices will plug in to any available NCD I2C Output. This includes just about everything we make in the NCD IoT Category, including all NCD IoT devices. We also manufacture a wide range of I2C adapters that make it easy to plug NCD I2C Devices directly into most computing platforms. The NCD I2C Interface adapters are available for Arduino, Banana Pi, BeagleBone, Bluz, C.H.I.P., ESP8266, Onion Omega, Particle Photon and Electron, PyCom, Raspberry Pi, 2, 3, and Zero, and Windows. We are always working to add new platform support for NCD I2C devices. NCD I2C Interface devices are compatible with just about everything in the microcontroller industry.
Unlimited I2C Expansion
Based on our plug-and-play I2C interface standard, all NCD I2C devices are equipped with a I2C output port, making it easy to expand to a wide variety of sensors, current monitors, relay controllers, PWM controllers, and much more! We are always designing new expansions for our modular plug-and-play I2C framework. We are dedicated to building a product line of interconnected devices to simplify all forms of automation. Re-use or upgrade your hardware in seconds by selecting the modules that best fit your needs, and chaining them together using the included I2C expansion cables!
Powering NCD I2C Interface Devices
Some NCD I2C devices require a external power supply, others may be powered through the 4-Pin I2C bus connector at 5VDC, and other devices are jumper selectable between external and I2C bus power. All I2C mini modules are powered through the 5V I2C bus connector, greatly simplifying connectivity.
I2C Interface Compatibility
NCD I2C Interface devices are designed to plug in to many popular IoT computing platforms. This allows the “brains” from other manufacturers to directly plug into our devices for easy plug-and-play operation. I2C interface devices use I²C as the underlying communications technology. The notes below will guide you into plugging 3rd party technologies into our devices, we will highlight any adapters that may be required in this section. Please note that all NCD I2C Interface Devices can be chained together to any other Cross-Platform I²C Slave Devices using the I²C Output. Additionally, NCD I2C devices may be plugged into the I2C Output of NCD IoT Interface devices. A complete list NCD I2C Interface adapters is available by clicking here.
Banana Pi Interface
Bluz Bluetooth Interface
Onion Omega 1 & 2 Interface
Raspberry Pi Interface
Windows 8/10 PC USB Interface
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.