We test all of our products using the BRIDGEX5, which we are now making available to our customers to connect them to a world of sensors and controllers of all kinds. We custom-engineered the BRIDGEX5 for the sole purpose of making I2C easy to use from your desktop PC. The BRIDGEX5 has two communication ports that are pre-populated with FTDI FT232RL USB to Serial converters. Using simple serial commands, users can send and receive I2C data on 5 different I2C communication ports. Since there are 2 USB interface modules on this controller, 2 different PCs can take control of all the I2C devices connected to the on-board I2C ports. The BRIDGEX5 handles communication, balancing between both computers and all connected I2C devices. The BRIDGEX5 makes it easy to communicate to just about any I2C device using our FREE AnyI2C software. AnyI2C gives you a graphical user interface for many popular I2C chips, and we are constantly developing the library to expand our support to hopefully include drivers for Any I2C device ever created (we have a dedicated programmer who ONLY develops this software!). The AnyI2C software framework is fully open-source, so developers are welcome to contribute their own code to add support for I2C chips not currently in our library.
The BRIDGEX5 is powered by a custom-programmed PIC18F46K22 CPU. The firmware in this CPU was developed over the course of 2 years as part of another project that began in 2012. Consequently, we believe you will find the BRIDGEX5 is the most advanced Serial to I2C bridge controller in the world. The BRIDGEX5 comes populated with two USB communication modules; however, these modules may be removed, and replaced with Bluetooth, WiFi, Serial, and Ethernet communication modules. Port 2 of the BRIDGEX5 contains extensive firmware to directly communicate using 802.15.4 Industrial Point-to-Point wireless. In 2015, additional firmware was added to handle native API communications for S3B Wireless Mesh Networking (www.Digi.com), allowing data to hop wirelessly from device to device until it reaches the intended destination. The end result is a controller that has been intensively engineered for the purposes of adapting to some of the world’s best industrial communication protocols, giving you an upgrade path for more demanding applications in the future. We have reviewed all available serial to I2C converter chips manufactured by other companies before developing the BRIDGEX5. Quite frankly, there is NOTHING on the market easier to use or more powerful than the BRIDGEX5.
The BRIDGEX5 is compatible with 100% of all I2C chips we have tested. The I2C ports on the BRIDGEX5 are emulated in firmware, and are therefore limited to a fixed 100 KHz operating frequency. The BRIDGEX5 has a dedicated 5V power supply for each of the 5 on-board I2C ports, providing up to 130ma of current per I2C port. The BRIDGEX5 includes 5 I2C Cables, 2 USB Cables, and 2 USB XBee Modules. Optional 12VDC Power Supply is available for US or International use.
XBee® is a registered trademark of Digi International. www.digi.com
This device will connect to any of our I2C products without an adapter. This device will connect to any of our IoT devices when used with the SI adapter.
NCD manufactures and stocks many Communication Modules making it easy to adapt our products to just about any application. For the most part, all modules we manufacture are interchangeable. NCD devices that support a communications module interface socket are generally compatible with communication modules manufactured by other companies as well. We have chosen Digi XBeeⓇ and XBee ProⓇ series controllers as our favorite wireless option communication modules for industrial applications. USB and RS-232 communication modules remain a favorite for applications that require wire access. The Lantronix XPort module supports TCP/IP, making it easy to add Ethernet to your next project.
USB Compatibility Notes
This device is compatible with USB communications, which will mount as a Virtual COM Port on your computer. All device functions will be accessed via the virtual com port using standard serial commands. The default baud rate is 115.2K Baud for most NCD devices. USB Drivers are included with most versions of Windows, but users of other operating systems may want to download the latest drivers directly from the FTDI web site.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!