RS-232 Serial Relay Controller
Our RS-232 Relay Boards offer a low-cost solution for your computer controlled switching needs. This is a no-frills design that simply allows on/off control of the on-board relay. Read the status of the relay using simple serial commands. Provide +12 Volts DC to the board, and send ASCII character codes to control the relays. Even a no-frills design deserves a high-quality driver stage, and that’s exactly what we put on our Serial Relay Controllers. Fast-reacting flyback diodes help shunt dangerous voltages away from the driver circuit. Features include no-click startup, LED status light, on-board header for power and data connections. Relays can be controlled at 9600 baud and this controller is compatible with ANY computer or microcontroller capable of delivering RS-232 data.
10-Amp SPDT Relay Option
This controller is available with a 10-Amp relay option, allowing control of higher-power loads up to an absolute maximum of 240VAC at 10 Amps. Ideal for general purpose switching applications, this relays is focused on power-switching, and should never be used for low-power signals due to a higher On resistance of up to 150 Ohms when relay contacts are new (contact resistance drops to less than 1 Ohm after break-in period). The 10-Amp relay is of the SPDT variety, which provides Common (C), Normally Open (NO), and Normally Closed (NC) connections. Common is connected to NC when the relay is off. Common disconnects from NC and connects to NO when the relay is activated. All connections are made via screw terminals, capable of accepting up to 12 AWG wire.
5-Amp SPDT Relay Option
This controller is available with a 5-Amp relay option, allowing control of higher-power loads up to an absolute maximum of 240VAC at 5 Amps. Ideal for general purpose switching applications, this relays is focused on power-switching, and should never be used for low-power signals due to a higher On resistance of up to 150 Ohms when relay contacts are new (contact resistance drops to less than 1 Ohm after break-in period). The 5-Amp relay is of the SPDT variety, which provides Common (C), Normally Open (NO), and Normally Closed (NC) connections. Common is connected to NC when the relay is off. Common disconnects from NC and connects to NO when the relay is activated. All connections are made via screw terminals, capable of accepting up to 12 AWG wire.
This product qualifies for:
- Forum Support (fastest)
- Direct Email Support
- Scheduled Phone Support
Standard Lead Times
Standard lead times are 3-5 business days as we manufacture and test the product at the time of order. Larger orders may require additional time.
Country of Origin:
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.