This 16-Channel power FET driver allows 12-Bit variable control of high-current loads your favorite IoT communications technology via I2C communications. This device uses sixteen BUK98150-55A power FETs, allowing cloud control of 16 channels of High-Power LED or incandescent lighting from anywhere in the world. The BUK98150-55A is capable of controlling up to 55VDC and 5.5 Amps of current (8 Watts of Heat Dissipation), making it an ideal choice for most low-voltage DC lighting applications. The PCA9685 chip is used as a driver for this controller, making communications easy and expandable to up to 62 devices on a single I2C port.
What is the NCD IoT Interface?
The NCD IoT Interface provides users with a means of changing or upgrading the IoT communications technology as new technologies emerge. The NCD IoT Interface is directly compatible with Particle Photon for WiFi communications, Electron for Cellular Communications, Bluz for Bluetooth. Optionally, adapters may be installed to provide a direct interface to Arduino Nano, Micro, USB, PyCom WyPy, Onion Omega, Raspberry Pi, and much more. The NCD IoT interface allows you to re-use your hardware so it never becomes obsolete! Based on I2C communications, the NCD IoT Interface uses only 2 GPIO lines of your microcontroller, freeing the rest of your CPU for other tasks.
Unlimited I2C Expansion
Based on our plug-and-play nodeLynk I2C interface standard, all NCD IoT devices are equipped with a nodeLynk I2C expansion port, making it easy to expand to a wide variety of sensors, current monitors, relay controllers, PWM controllers, and much more! We are always designing new nodeLynk expansions for our plug-and-play nodeLynk I2C framework. We are dedicated to building a product line of interconnected devices to simplify all forms of automation. Re-use or upgrade your hardware in seconds by selecting the modules that best fit your needs, and chaining them together using the included nodeLynk I2C expansion cables!
This device was designed for proportional control of resistive loads, but may be used for very light inductive applications, such as small hobby DC motors. We strongly encourage customers to use this version with resistive loads as much as possible. This controller is equipped with 16 Open Collector 12-Bit PWM outputs. Open Collector 12-Bit PWM outputs work by connecting an external load, such as a incandescent light or LED to ground under software control. Open Collector 12-Bit PWM outputs are also known as low-side drivers, meaning they connect/disconnect the ground side of an external device. Because the outputs on this controller are open collector, every external load can operate at a different voltage, as long as all voltages are capable of sharing a common ground. See our wiring diagram for connection examples. Not for use with AC power applications. This device requires an external 12VDC Power Supply.
IoT Interface Compatibility
NCD IoT Interface devices are designed to plug in to many popular IoT computing platforms. This allows the “brains” from other manufacturers to directly plug into our devices for easy plug-and-play operation. IoT interface devices use I²C as the underlying communications technology. The notes below will guide you into plugging 3rd party IoT technologies into our devices, we will highlight any adapters that may be required in this section. Please note that all IoT Interface Devices act as a I²C Master Device, and may be expanded by connecting to any of our Cross-Platform nodeLynk I²C Slave Devices using the nodeLynk I²C Output.
NCD IoT Interface Direct Connection
The following devices directly plug into NCD IoT Interface controllers without a adapter.
If using a Particle Photon or Particle Electron communications module, the PKFR Key Fob Receiver overlay shield may be used to add long-range wireless Key Fob remote control to the communications module.
NCD IoT Interface Adapters
Use the following adapters will adapt the IoT Interface for I2C communications with other popular computing platforms:
Convert IoT to I2C Interface Devices
- This device may be converted to an I²C slave device using the I2C to IoT Interface Adapter, ideal for use with Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone, Arduino Uno, and BridgeX5.
Banana Pi Interface
Raspberry Pi Interface
Windows 8/10 PC Interface
Key Fob Compatibility
NCD IoT Interface devices are also compatible with a 418MHz Key Fob receiver (Part Number: PKFR), allowing your Particle Electron, Photon, or Bluz to receive and process remote Key Fob commands up to 750 feet away. Up to 40 remote controls may be associated to the PKFR. Program your IoT communications module to receive wireless remote control commands using a Key Fob. Compatible with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8-Button MS Series Key Fobs from Linx Technologies.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!