The NCD WiFi Micro Gateway connects NCD Wireless Sensors directly to Microsoft® Azure® with an average setup time of about 5 minutes. The NCD WiFi Micro Gateway listens for sensor data from NCD wireless sensors up to 2 miles away and converts the incoming data into JSON strings with real-world human-readable values. Use the NCD Micro Gateway to quickly and easily measure temperature directly on the Microsoft® Azure® cloud. Send humidity data, current measurements for power consumption, light level data, counter data, and much more. The NCD Micro Gateway is compatible with the entire NCD Enterprise product line of wireless sensors. The NCD Micro Gateway automatically updates the Device Twin and sends Device to Cloud messages to Azure®. The NCD Micro Gateway user interface supports up to 10 sensors while in configuration mode, displaying the signal strength and sensor data for each sensor during setup. In Run mode (daily use), the NCD Micro Gateway will work with as many sensors as memory will allow (estimated to be greater than 20, but we did not set a hard limit). The NCD Micro Gateway may also be used for configuration of basic settings of remote sensors. Learn more about Microsoft® Azure® here.
The NCD WiFi Micro Gateway includes a embedded web page configuration screen that makes setup easy, simply register the gateway with your WiFi router by selecting the network name and entering your password, then paste in your IoT Device Connection String:
NCD Micro Gateway Settings Tab for Connection to Microsoft® Azure®, simply choose your network and password, then enter your IoT Device Connection String
Watch Data Stream In from NCD Wireless Sensors and Review Sensor Readings so you Know your Network is Active!
Change Advanced Settings for use with Managed Networks
Learn more about Microsoft® Azure® here.
900HP-S3B Wireless Compatibility Notes
When using an 900HP-S3B communication module, it is essential that you use the ZIGMO_PCB to configure the module settings. Long-Range wireless sensors may be programmed over the air without removing the communications module.
A 900HP-S3B Modem or a gateway of some kind that support the 900HP-S3B communications module will also be required.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.