Single Relay with Quick Connect Terminal Blocks
Control One Relay with Two-Way Communication
On-Board Easy RS232 Connection
Highly Reliable Relay Board For Demanding Applications
RS-232 Serial Relay Controller
This simple RS-232 Relay board was designed to offer basic relay control functions using the RS-232 port of your computer. Supports Relay On and Off commands and reading the status of relay. Provide +12 Volts DC to the board, and send ASCII character codes to control the relay. Even a no-frills design deserves a high-quality driver stage, and that’s exactly what we put on our Serial Relay Controllers. Fast-reacting flyback diodes help shunt dangerous voltages away from the driver circuit.
Features include no-click startup and LED status lights. Relay can be controlled at 9600 baud and the board is compatible with ANY computer or microcontroller capable of delivering RS-232 data.
Connect this board to the USB port of your computer using a USB to Serial adapter. The USB to Serial Adapter is to be used with the Quick Start Kit and is available at checkout.
NCD Component Library
Fully functioning programs for R25, R210, R220 and R230 are included with the NCD Component Library. With the NCD Component Library we’ve “started” the programming for you. We say started because these are fully functioning samples but we’ve also included the source code so you can customize them to your exact needs. The NCD Component Library is a plug-in for the Visual Studio 2005/2008 that greatly simplifies the communications to the NCD product line. The samples can be run in Visual Studio and fully customizable to your needs. Two different dual channel samples are available to turn on and off the relays, read the status of the relays and retrieve startup default state of relays. To view screen shots of each sample visit our NCD Component Library Page. Start by downloading the FREE NCD Component Library and you will be communicating with any NCD device faster that ever!
The above sample demonstrates control and status read of 2 Relays. Compatible with all R2x RS-232 Series Relay Controllers.
The above screen shot shows one of two fully functioning dual channel samples that are available with the NCD Component Library. View all the examples on our NCD Component Library Page.
RS-232 Serial Compatibility Notes
The NCD RS-232 Serial communications module is compatible with standard RS-232 signals (+/-10VDC), which are not directly compatible with UART signals from a microprocessor. If you are working with Arduino, Microchip PIC, or other common microcontroller, a communications module is not required. Microcontrollers will directly talk to the on-board processor of all NCD controllers.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!