16-Channel Solid-State SPST Expansion Controller for Fusion Series Controllers
This Fusion 16-Channel SPST Solid-State Relay Expansion plugs into the Fusion FXR Relay Expansion Port to add more relays to your Fusion series dual interface relay controller. This controller includes 16 LED status lights and 2 heavy-duty screw-terminal connection points per relay. Configure the solid-state relays that best suite your application during checkout. This expansion may be powered by a 2.1mm 12VDC barrel connector or via screw terminals for direct wired power installations. On-board switcher regulator power supply runs cool and provides plenty of power for the logic of this design. FXR expansion input and output connectors allow it to mix anywhere on the chain of relay expansion boards. Mix different types of relays as your application requires.
Fusion Controllers know how to expand. Easily add Analog to Digital Converters, Contact Closure detectors, I²C devices, and a wide variety of sensors to meet your application objectives. The FXR Expansion Port allows you to also add expansion boards and control up to 256 relays.
Fusion Series Relay Controllers know how to connect to your application. With a simple point and click configuration, you can read a variety of sensors in just a few minutes. Fusion will automatically monitor your sensor in the background and make relay control decisions if a sensor is tripped or goes outside an acceptable range.
Fusion Series Controllers have 16 programmable I/O lines, which may be used for contact closure input, digital input, digital output, 8/10-Bit Analog to Digital Conversion, or I2C expansion. In most cases, these features may be mixed and matched as your application requires.
FXR Expansion Port
FXR Relay Expansion Controllers add a large variety of relay switching capabilities to an existing NCD Fusion series controller.
The FXR Expansion Port is used to add banks of external relays to a Fusion Controller. As we continue to develop new devices, a modular architecture will be implemented, offering the greatest amount of user flexibility.
Controlling FXR Expansion Banks
FXR Expansion Boards have no on-board brains. They are entirely reliant on the brains of a “master” Fusion device. The FXR Expansion Modules have many possibilities:
- Adds up to 256 Relays to a Fusion Series Controllers
- Mix and Match Relay Types to Suite your Application Needs
- Choose Between Mechanical and Solid-State Relay Types
- Choose DPDT Relays for Signal Switching Applications
- Automate All 256 Relays for Automatic Control using Base Station
Linking FXR Expansion Boards Together
FXR Expansion Controllers consist of a FXR Input and FXR Output Connector. Simply connect the FXR Output of your Fusion Controller to the FXR Input located on the relay expansion board. Chaining more relays is easy. Simply connect the FXR Output of your Fusion expansion board to the FXR Input of your next relay expansion. Mix and Match different relay types as your application requires.
We always include the 6″ expansion cables with your expansion board. We can provide longer cables if needed, but it’s important to keep the cabling as short as possible. Not all users will be able to expand to 256 total relays, as it all depends on the installation, the amount of electrical interference, and the overall cable length. For best compatibility, the total length of the Fusion controller and all of the expansions and cabling should not exceed 1 or 2 meters.
FXR vs. XR Expansions
FXR and XR expansions are very similar, but are not directly compatible with each other. The FXR expansion port is an updated version of XR, which includes a right-angle connector to support our metal enclosures. The FXR cable is also capable of carrying I2C data. Because of the right-angle connector, the polarity of the cable is not compatible with XR expansions.
Maximum Relay Rating Notes
Fusion is capable of expanding to an absolute maximum of 256 Relays. In some cases, it may not be possible to control all 256 relays, particularly in applications where high noise levels may be involved. Experimentation may be required, as it is not possible for us to guarantee all users will be able to utilize all 256 relays in every application. Noise tends to accumulate when several expansions are connected together. For best results, the FXR expansion cables must be as short as possible. The typical total length of Fusion and all of its expansions and cabling should not exceed 1 or 2 meters.
Choosing a Solid State Relay
Please examine the datasheet of each solid state relay carefully, as SSRs do not function exactly like mechanical switches. SSRs frequently have minimum load requirements, and some require external snubber circuitry for certain applications. SSRs do not typically work with volt meters in the same way as mechanical switches. SSRs must also be chosen for AC or DC applications, as they are not universally interchangeable. Some SSRs require forced air cooling, and may be damaged if not properly ventilated. Please consult the experts at Crydom.com if you are uncertain about your choice of SSR.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!