This I2C 2-channel Solid-State relay controller offers a cross-platform solution with unmatched compatibility and expansion capabilities. Compatible with every IoT technology that supports I2C communications, this is the most versatile relay controller we have ever manufactured. All NCD I2C relay controllers have a I2C output, allowing you to chain together more relay controllers, a vast array of sensors, current monitors, PWM drivers, and much more. The expansion abilities of this relay board are unmatched by any other manufacturer in the world. This controller is based on the MCP23008, a common I2C interface chip for GPIO applications. In this design, the GPIO port is used to control 2 solid state relays. Six programmable Digital Input/Output port pins are also available via screw terminals for use in Contact Closure detection applications or monitor and control external TTL circuits. Three on-board address jumpers allow up to 8 similar devices (based on the MCP23008 or MCP23017) to be chained to the same I2C bus for individual control. On-board status LEDs display the on/off status of each relay. This controller may be powered using our optional power supply or with 12VDC and direct screw terminal connection of bare power wires. Each solid state relay is accessible to the user via two large screw terminals, capable of accepting 12 AWG wire. This controller includes many solid-state relay options, customized when added to your shopping cart.
This controller applies a 12VDC voltage into the gate of a Solid-State relay through a 512 Ohm resistor. This controller is safe for relays rated with a maximum 10VDC gate voltage. This controller is generally used with relays that accept a voltage range of 3-12VDC gate voltage. Solid-State Relays are subject to MINIMUM load requirements. Extremely low signals may NOT be switched by Solid-State Relays if they do not meet the minimum load requirements.
Solid-State Relays are available for AC or DC switching applications, which are NOT interchangeable. AC relays may not be used to switch DC loads, similarly, DC relays may not be used to switch AC loads. DC RELAYS ARE POLARITY SENSITIVE, AND MAY BE DAMAGED IF IMPROPERLY CONNECTED. Because our Solid-State controllers may be used with relays from other manufacturers, we do NOT label the + and – connections for DC Solid-State Relays on the circuit board. Please examine the relay and the datasheet, follow the traces printed on the bottom of the circuit board to ensure correct polarity. Some Solid-State Relays may require active forced-air cooling. Failure to apply cooling may result in permanent damage of the relay.
Please examine the datasheet for the particular relay you are using BEFORE connecting.
WE DO NOT WARRANTY SOLID-STATE RELAYS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Choosing a Solid State Relay
Please examine the datasheet of each solid state relay carefully, as SSRs do not function exactly like mechanical switches. SSRs frequently have minimum load requirements, and some require external snubber circuitry for certain applications. SSRs do not typically work with volt meters in the same way as mechanical switches. SSRs must also be chosen for AC or DC applications, as they are not universally interchangeable. Some SSRs require forced air cooling, and may be damaged if not properly ventilated. Please consult the experts at Crydom.com if you are uncertain about your choice of SSR.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!