WiNet speaks to your Router or Wireless Router (depending on your setup) and automatically discovers compatible Ethernet, Web-i, or Wi-Fi devices connected to your local area network. A separate button is created for each device that is discovered, each button takes you ‘”into” the web pages that control the device you have chosen.
WiNet also talks to any Digi 802.15.4 wireless devices within range. Simply add the serial number of each remote device into the configuration web page and WiNet will give you web access within seconds. Also included is Digi ZigBee Mesh Networking. The first version of firmware does not support mesh networking, but the hardware is in place for future firmware upgrades.
WiNet does not require a static IP address. By default, WiNet communicates connectivity information to our SignalSwitch.com server (you can turn this off if you prefer). The WiNet Gateway is easily accessed online from: //link.signalswitch.com/mac_address_of_your_winet_gateway Of course if you have a static IP address, WiNet gateway is easily accessed in the same way any other server would be.
- Ethernet Port
- 5vDC Power Input
- Mini-B USB Port
- Antennae Connectors
- USB Port
- SD Card Slot for Firmware
Getting you connected is easy with the WiNet Gateway. But keeping you connected is our highest priority. The WiNet Gateway does not require a static IP address for remote access. Power outages and internet IP address changes are a regular part of life, and the WiNet Gateway has dedicated firmware that works to re-establish a lost connection whenever possible.
One Interface for All Devices!
Winet Gateway allows you to communicate to multiple devices throughout an entire building with a growing range of communication interfaces through an easy to use web interface, making it possible to control and monitor electronics using a simple browser on your phone, tablet, or computer from anywhere in the world. The WiNet Gateway plugs into your router through an Ethernet connection, acting as a web server. WiNet then links your router to all available devices in your local area. In minutes, WiNet web pages can be used to monitor sensors and control relays.
The WiNet Gateway is a real server with FTP capabilities and it’s fast… really fast. If you develop web pages, you may edit the web pages stored inside the WiNet Gateway. This allows you to customize graphics and web pages for your specific needs. Our web pages serve as example code, demonstrating how to build buttons to control relays and monitor sensors from anywhere in the world!
This device is compatible with ProXR, ProXR Lite, and Fusion series controllers.
802.15.4 Wireless Compatibility Notes
When using an 802.15.4 communication module, it is essential that you use the ZIGMO_PCB to configure the module settings.
A 802.15.4 Modem will also be required.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.