Add Analog to Digital Conversion to any UXP Port
The UAD1216 is an 8-Bit/12-Bit 16-Channel Analog to Digital Converter Expansion Module designed to attach to any Fusion or ProXR UXP series controllers. On-board Connectors shown above are used to connect a ground and an analog signal source from 0-5VDC. Black connectors on each end are used to chain multiple UAD1216 Expansion modules to a single UXP port.
This design consists of a high-quality Dual Channel 12-Bit A/D converter connected to a dual 8-channel multiplexer. To use this device, simply use our Base Station software, your Ultra controller will then communicate to this expansion module and respond with 8-Bit/12-Bit data. Ultra series controllers are capable of reading a single channel at a time or all 16 channels at once.
Up to three UAD1216 expansion boards can connect to a single UXP port. Fusion series controllers have two UXP Ports, allowing you to monitor up to 96 Analog Inputs. ProXR UXP series controllers include a single UXP port. This expansion includes a 6″ connection cable. Power is supplied by the UXP Series Controller.
Please note: this is an expansion module and must be connected to a compatible board to work. This board will NOT work on it’s own.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.