The MG-811 CO2 Gas Sensor makes it easy to monitor carbon dioxide gas concentration levels using our I2C Mini Module form factor. The MG-811 is connected to an on board signal condition amplifier and the signal amplifier is connected to an ADC121C 12-Bit Analog to Digital converter, which is capable expanding to 9 gas sensors per I2C port using just two address jumpers (making full use of the floating address system). This MG-811 CO2 Gas Sensor is less Sensitive to Carbon monoxide(CO) and Alcohol.
This MG-811 CO2 Gas sensor board has dual on board power supply. It has one dedicated 6V power supply for the Gas sensor element and one 5V power supply for Analog interface chip.
The MG-811 is capable of sensing carbon dioxide air concentration levels between 350 and 10,000ppm. The ideal sensing condition for the MG-811 CO2 Gas Sensor is 25°C ±2°C at 65% ±5% humidity. An internal preheater inside the sensor helps achieve the ideal sensing conditions, but the datasheet recommends over 48 hours for preheating to achieve optimal accuracy. Because of the internal preheater, this sensor requires more current than most of our I2C Mini Modules. We measured 139ma for this I2C Mini Module so we strongly recommend planning a power strategy for your I2C master device to deliver no-less than 150ma per sensor! This sensor comes pre-calibrated to the datasheet’s recommended values; however, final calibration may be required for accurate measurements, as we do not stock the equipment for full-scale calibration of these sensors.
All I2C Mini Modules are designed to operate at 5VDC. Using a convenient 4-Pin plug, devices can be daisy chained onto the I2C Bus, eliminating the need for soldering. Simply plug together the devices you need for your next automation application. Pull-up resistors are included with all NCD master devices. If you are wiring in your own I2C port, on-board 4.7K jumper-selectable pull-up resistors are available for convenience purposes.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.