The KEYFOBPZ is a dual-purpose I2C expansion port and Key Fob Receiver/Decoder shield compatible with Linx Technologies’ MS Series Key Fob Transmitters operating at 418/433MHz (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8-Button Transmitters Available Separately).
This device is capable of receiving button presses from a remote control up to 750 feet away (when using the 8-Button remote). When a remote control button is pressed, the on-board Valid LED illuminates. In addition, Raspberry Pi Zero I/O lines are asserted High for the duration of the remote button press. Raspberry Pi Zero I/O lines return to a low state when the remote control button is released.
Includes RP-SMA Antenna.
The On-Board LICAL Key Fob Decoder is Mapped to the following Raspberry Pi Zero Pins:
Key Fob Button 0 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 29 – GPIO5
Key Fob Button 1 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 31 – GPIO6
Key Fob Button 2 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 33 – GPIO13
Key Fob Button 3 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 35 – GPIO19
Key Fob Button 4 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 37 – GPIO26
Key Fob Button 5 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 40 – GPIO21
Key Fob Button 6 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 38 – DPIO20
Key Fob Button 7 is Connected to Raspberry Pi Zero Pin 36 – GPIO16
The KEYFOBPZ includes a level-shifted +5V I2C Expansion port for the Raspberry Pi Zero. The KEYFOBP2 acts as a gateway to the entire NCD I2C product line, allowing limitless expansion possibilities. This expansion could be one of the most significant expansions available for your Raspberry Pi Zero simply because of it’s broad expansion possibilities.
Integrated 4.7K pull-up resistors make it an ideal I2C master device. This I2C expansion port is compatible with our entire range of I2C devices, including relay controller, sensors, and various Mini Modules, making expansion of the Raspberry Pi Zero quick and easy, regardless of your application requirements.
NOTE: This expansion includes a pass-through connection for the Raspberry Pi Zero GPIO Header. However, this expansion makes extensive use of the Raspberry Pi Zero GPIO Header, and may render the GPIO port unusable for many expansions. Please exercise extreme caution when plugging other expansions into the pass-through header.
We Customize Just for You!!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.