The KEYFOBP2 is a dual purpose I2C Expansion port and Key Fob Receiver/Decoder shield compatible with Linx Technologies MS Series Key Fob Transmitters operating at 418/433MHz (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8-Button Transmitters available separately).
This device is capable of receiving button presses from a remote control up to 750 feet away (when using the 8-Button remote). When a remote control button is pressed, the on-board Valid LED illuminates. In addition, Raspberry Pi 4, Pi 3, and Pi 2 4 I/O lines are asserted High for the duration of the remote button press. Raspberry Pi 4, 3 and Pi 2 I/O lines return to a low state when the remote control button is released. Includes RP-SMA Antenna.
The On-Board LICAL Key Fob Decoder is Mapped to the following Raspberry Pi 4, 3 and Pi 2 Pins:
Key Fob Button 0 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 29 – GPIO5
Key Fob Button 1 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 31 – GPIO6
Key Fob Button 2 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 33 – GPIO13
Key Fob Button 3 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 35 – GPIO19
Key Fob Button 4 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 37 – GPIO26
Key Fob Button 5 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 40 – GPIO21
Key Fob Button 6 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 38 – DPIO20
Key Fob Button 7 is Connected to Raspberry Pi 4/Pi 3/Pi 2 Pin 36 – GPIO16
The KEYFOBP2 includes a level-shifted +5V I2C Expansion port for the Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. The KEYFOBP2 acts as a gateway to the entire NCD I2C product line, allowing limitless expansion possibilities. This expansion could be the single most significant expansion for your Raspberry Pi 3 ever made simply because of its broad expansion possibilities. Integrated 4.7K pull-up resistors make it an ideal I2C master device.
This I2C expansion port is compatible with our entire range of I2C devices, including relay controller, sensors, and various Mini Modules, making expansion of the Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 quick and easy, regardless of your application requirements.
NOTE: Key Fob remotes are security encrypted, and must be paired with the controller prior to use. This expansion includes a pass-through connection for the Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 GPIO Header. However, this expansion makes extensive use of the Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 GPIO Header, and may render the GPIO port unusable for many expansions. Please exercise extreme caution when plugging other expansions into the pass-through header.
This adapter provides a general-purpose I2C port, compatible with our complete line of I2C devices. Control relays, monitor current, read just about any kind of sensor you can imagine.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!