This Feather Ethernet Overlay Shield brings us one step closer to connecting to the Particle Cloud over Ethernet. This Beta release consists of working hardware capable of negotiating a IP address with a DHCP server and sending/receiving data over TCP or UDP sockets. Using this overlay module the Particle module is capable of acting as the Client or Server in TCP/UDP applications via an Ethernet wired connection. This Ethernet Overlay shield serves as a finalized and validated working hardware implementation layer in preparation for a future firmware release that will, when complete, route all Particle cloud traffic through an Ethernet hardwired interface. We thought our hard-core coders might want to experiment with Ethernet communications in conjunction with our GitHub library.
This Feather Ethernet Overlay Shield For Particle and Feather Modules shield is designed to fit into NCD devices with a Feather Adapters. This overlay shield fits over the top of Particle Argon, Boron, Xenon or Feather Modules, and extends into NCD device using the outside connection pins. Please see the Resources tab for close-up photos of how this overlay fits into NCD IoT devices.
This Module has a Wiznet WIZ5500, which connects with particle module over SPI. The CS( Chip select) Pin of the WIZ5500 is connected to the A5 pin of feather module. This can be used to enable and disable the Ethernet module and use the SPI for other purposes.
This Feather Ethernet Overlay Shield For Particle and Feather Modules can be used with other NCD devices and sensors to build Ethernet controlled relays boards, PWM drivers, light controllers, Analog Input Outputs devices and much more.
This module does not support POE, though this may be possible in future iterations.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.
+MORE App customizations
We partnered with Blynk who have developed the +MORE app. If you are interested in customization to their +MORE app then we're sure you will enjoy working with them as much as we did. They can customize the user interface +MORE mobile app at your request.
- Add new functionality and features to the mobile applications and web dashboard
- Change/ add data visualizations options
Contact them today for custom App Development!
White-labeled mobile apps and dashboard
Blynk the developer of +MORE has a fantastic team of developers eager to help with your IoT applications. They offer the following services.
We provide white-label IoT infrastructure:
- Private IoT cloud
- Branded mobile applications for remote monitoring and control
- A branded web dashboard to manage fleet of your devices
- Big Data analysis with actionable insights
- Development of machine learning algorithms
Contact them today for all of your IoT cloud needs!