The ZBT Bluetooth communications module was designed to provide Bluetooth to serial converter in a modular communication module, compatible with the complete line of NCD Industrial devices. This ZBT is based on the Roving Networks (now Microchip) RN42XV Bluetooth interface processor. This device is ideal for use with Windows, Android, Linux, or any operating system that supports Bluetooth Virtual COM port drivers. We do not recommend this device when working with Apple iOS devices, as the Bluetooth versions are not compatible. This version includes the external antenna with a 320′ range (line of sight), ideal for use in metal enclosure installations or where antenna mounting may need special consideration.
ZBT Bluetooth Communications (External Antenna)
This Bluetooth communications module is compatible with the complete line of NCD industrial devices, providing a Bluetooth to Serial interface using a virtual com port driver on your PC. This device is compatible with many computing platforms, but is best with Android and Windows, and is not recommended for use with Apple iOS devices. This device is specified for use with ProXR, ProXR Lite, Fusion, Reactor, Taralist, and Pulsar series controllers. This device is generally compatible with products outside the NCD family, but arrives pre-configured for use with NCD Industrial devices. Both Internal and External antenna versions offer the same wireless line-of-sight range of 320′. The external antenna is more convenient for mounting inside metal enclosures or other installations where antenna positioning should be considered.
Bluetooth Compatibility Notes
Second Generation Bluetooth Devices us a Web Page for Configuration while First Generation Bluetooth devices require the following: The default pairing code for NCD Bluetooth devices is 1234. Users may change the pairing code and other settings, including encryption options, using the ZigMo_PCB, which will provide a USB interface for configuring settings inside the Bluetooth communications module.
We Customize Just for You!!
NCD offers many custom IoT electronic design services to help tailor our product to your exact needs. Whether you are looking for custom firmware, circuit board modifications, metal enclosures, or industrial color printing, we can help you with a wide variety of design services.
Custom IoT Electronic Design Services Process
Most of our users purchase off-the-shelf hardware for initial testing. Once everything is working, they contact us to build a custom solution which may include specialized changes to the board, firmware, connectors, etc. Custom boards have many advantages such as reduced wiring, easy installation, small size, less power consumption, and in some cases, an overall reduction in product cost. Custom IoT Electronic Design Services will have your company name and logo on the board as well as the enclosure.
Customized IoT Electronics
NCD engineers can help build a customized solution for your particular application based on the designs you see on our website. We can combine devices onto a single board, change the shape, or even some of the components to meet your exact needs. We also provide turn-key metal enclosures with powder coating and full-color printing on the top side starting at just $500 for setup! We have more than 20 years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing. All of our products are designed and manufactured in the USA, so we are here to support the products we make. We only ask that our customers prototype their needs using our existing products before we customize.
- Custom designs should be based on our existing product because we can’t build rockets or electric cars over here!
- We do not provide customization services if it involves the introduction of a new or untested technology.
- Custom engineering fees depend on your requirements, so please contact us for a quote!
- We maintain ownership of all designs, including our customized designs as they are based on our existing Design.
- We will only ship the customized product to you or your authorized agents.
- We have an NDA available if needed.
- The turn-around time is about 2-3 weeks.
- We specialize in low-volume designs, no quantity is too small!
- We have the ability to scale to large volumes as needed.
Getting Started with Product Customization
All you have to do is contact us and we will walk you through the process from beginning to end, based on your individual needs. Some people are surprised at how fast we finish CAD design (usually a few hours), but keep in mind, we still have to build your design, which takes considerably more time. When we customize product, here are the general services we provide:
- We design the circuit board.
- We communicate with our customers throughout the customization and manufacturing process.
- We manufacture surface mount stencils and circuit boards.
- We program our pick and place machines to build your boards.
- We build a working sample and run it through our wave solder machine.
- We test your custom IoT solution.
- Once the design is finalized it won’t be possible to make changes during production (changes cost money and require us to repeat the above processes)
- Once it meets all your requirements, we will start production as needed.
- We work with our metal fabricators to design a metal enclosure if required.
- You work with our artist to print the top side of the enclosure in full color with your company logo if required.